Employment Opportunity in Dubuque, IA for a Sales & Marketing Manager
Anything you can do, we can do better [TOGETHER].
That’s how we do things. Together. At ProPulse, we act with integrity, embrace flexibility and focus on sustaining growth and value for our employees and our business. That’s what makes our culture great. And that’s what will make you successful as our Sales & Marketing Manager.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Join a company that is positioned for continued strategic growth. At ProPulse, we are seeking someone who would be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing, and product development programs based on the company’s vision and strategic plan.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counseling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue and expense controls, meeting agreed targets and promoting the organizations’ presence.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecast for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic cost of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program plans.
- Responsible for planning, recruitment, direction, monitoring the performance of the sales staff to accomplish specific objective.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for outside sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- Personally, observe the performance of outside representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales representatives so that they possess sufficient technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner. Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with the management team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
How to apply:
We want our Sales & Marketing Manager to have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills, so send us an email that sets a great first impression. Tell us how you match up to the characteristics listed here, and what makes you a wonderful person to have on a team. Please also include your salary requirements and a copy of your resume.
Email hjacobi at powermovingforward.com with the subject “Sales & Marketing Manager”