Employment Opportunity in Dubuque, IA for an Accounting Assistant
Anything you can do, we can do better [TOGETHER].
That’s how we do things. Together. At ProPulse, we act with integrity, embrace flexibility and focus on sustaining growth and value for our employees and our business. That’s what makes our culture great. And that’s what will make you successful as our Accounting Assistant.
Join a company that is positioned for continued strategic growth. At ProPulse, we are seeking someone who would be responsible for assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable, and payroll in various capacities. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed. The role is also responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the company.
- Prepare and process weekly payroll for all staff.
- Track employee attendance and vacation accrual.
- Process assigned accounts payable, including tracking.
- Matches and reviews all invoices for the printed check for appropriate documentation and approval prior to mailing or distributing the checks.
- Enter checks / cash deposits and give to Controller for posting. Will post the deposit in the absence of the controller and ensure deposit is taken to the bank.
- Calls or e-mails any customer that is 8 or more days past due their payment terms and places customers that are 15 or more days past due on credit hold. Will discuss any large customers who have balances 15 days past due with the controller before placing them on hold.
- Maintain the credit hold file.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested.
- Maintains all accounts payable and accounts receivable files.
- Receives completed credit applications from the sales department and performs the credit check by sending request for credit information forms to the listed vendors and bank. Once all, or in the case of a rush order, most of the references are returned, reviews the information with the Controller who either grants credit and notifies the sales staff OR discusses reasons for denial of credit with the Sales Manager who agrees with the decision or will contact the prospective customer for additional information.
- Prepares prior year A/P and A/R records for storage.
- Enter production order builds, verifying that they have been properly completed.
- Review builds entered at end of day for accuracy and posts if the builds appear correct.
- Pulls together the $ value of orders received for the day and totals $ for the day, next month, 2nd month, future date and no date and gives to Controller
- Reviews the gross margin for the individual sales orders invoiced for the day, researches any numbers above or below expected margins and then posts the invoices and gives the $ total to the Controller.
How to apply:
We want our Accounting Assistant to have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills, so send us an email that sets a great first impression. Tell us how you match up to the characteristics listed here, and what makes you a wonderful person to have on a team. Please also include your salary requirements and a copy of your resume.
Email hjacobi at powermovingforward.com with the subject “Accounting Assistant”